Monitor Mounting Screws
$2.99 – $3.49
Monitor mounting screws for mounting an LCD monitor to a monitor stand, VESA mount, or arcade cabinet. Used by Dell, LG, Sony, Viewsonic, Benq. Sometimes called monitor stand screws (or VESA mounting screws).
Pack of 4.
(Scroll down for more info)
Monitor mounting screws for mounting an LCD monitor to a monitor stand, VESA mount, or arcade cabinet. Used by Dell, LG, Sony, ViewSonic, BenQ. Sometimes called monitor stand screws (or VESA mounting screws).
Monitor Mounting Screws
Most monitors are mounted using metric M6 screws. Beware of sellers selling 8-32 screws! These are not the proper threads and will damage or strip out the threads on your monitor. If the screw is hard to turn you've got the wrong size or threads! Don't damage your monitor, and use the correct screws.
Monitor Stand/VESA Mounting Screws
For most monitor stands and VESA backing plates you will need M6-12 monitor mounting screws for connecting a backer plate to your 19in to 27in (48cm to 68cm). These screws will fit into most monitors without the need of a washer or stand off.
Monitors larger than 27in usually use M6 screws, but not always. Some monitors even up to 32in will still use M4 screws. Sometimes the monitor manual will tell you what size screws you need.
Arcade Cabinet Mounting Screws
If you are using these monitor mounting screws for an arcade cabinet you will most likely need M6-20 or M6-25 screws. These screws are longer and will pass through your MDF o
r plywood. Depending on the pockets and bezel thickness of your monitor, you may need longer screws or you may need washers.
- For 1/2in MDF/plywood (13mm) we recommend M6-12 screws for most monitors.
- For 3/4in MDF/plywood (19mm) we recommend M6-20 screws for most monitors.
- For 1in MDF/plywood (25mm) we recommend M6-25 screws for most monitors.
If you find your monitor depth is too deep, you can counter sink the screws, or use thinner material for your VESA board. Countersinking can be accomplished with a small Forstner bit. When the depth is not deep enough you can use washers or additional sections of material to take up the slack.
Some additional notes on mounting screws for your monitor:
- Most manufacturers have standardized on M6 screws. This includes Dell, LG, Sony, ViewSonic, BenQ, IBM, Asus, Acer, and MSI. However, monitors made before 2001 or may not follow this standard in some cases.
- Most monitors use nuts with a backer to prevent damage from using screws that are too long. They will simply bottom out and stop turning. Older monitors may not have this safety feature.
12mm (~0.5 in), 20mm (~0.75in), 25mm (~1.0in)